Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails 2.3.0 - ActionController::AbstractRequest not being loaded

Szymon N. (Guest)

I got a plugin that extends ActionController::AbstractRequest. After
updating Rails from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 I'm getting the following error:

'load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant
ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)

I've already seen people having similar problems with i.e. TMail and
Sweeper. I guess that some kind of lazy loading mechanism has been
introduced, but how to fix this problem?

Cheers,
Szymek
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 10 Feb 2009, at 11:16, szimek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a plugin that extends ActionController::AbstractRequest. After
> updating Rails from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 I'm getting the following error:
>
> 'load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant
> ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)

There's also the fact that ActionController::AbstractRequest  no
longer exists.

Fred
Steve M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-28 14:38
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2009, at 11:16, szimek wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I got a plugin that extends ActionController::AbstractRequest. After
>> updating Rails from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 I'm getting the following error:
>>
>> 'load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant
>> ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)
>
> There's also the fact that ActionController::AbstractRequest  no
> longer exists.

I'm also having the same issue.

What are the options for refactoring existing code? What has replaced
AbstractRequest? or is it now a Gem?

Steve
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Feb 28, 12:38 pm, Steve M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> > There's also the fact that ActionController::AbstractRequest  no
> > longer exists.
>
> I'm also having the same issue.
>
> What are the options for refactoring existing code? What has replaced
> AbstractRequest? or is it now a Gem?

I seem to recall it's just ActionController::Request now (which
inherits from Rack::Request). Exactly what you need to change probably
depends on what you were doing.

Fred
mixandgo (Guest)
I am also having issues with this in trying to use webrat, is there a
way of aliasing the old name or something like that to have backwards
compatibility ?

Thanks,
Cezar

On Feb 28, 2:56 pm, Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>