Forum: GNU Radio CGRAN downtime

George N. (Guest)
Hi all,

CGRAN will likely be down for several hours today while we work on
assigning it its own IP address and updating its SSL certificate.

- George
George N. (Guest)
George N. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> CGRAN will likely be down for several hours today while we work on
> assigning it its own IP address and updating its SSL certificate.

CGRAN is back up and running now.  We are using IP-based virtual hosting
on the base machine to better separate.

Due to this, I could make our base SVN URL:
https://www.cgran.org/

...instead of:
https://www.cgran.org/cgran/

But, this would mean that everyone would need to re-checkout anything
outstanding.  I think our biggest user set is DttSP.  Bob, Frank?

Open to suggestions.

Thanks!
George
Frank B. (Guest)
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:12 PM, George N.

> Due to this, I could make our base SVN URL:
> https://www.cgran.org/
>
> ...instead of:
> https://www.cgran.org/cgran/
>
> But, this would mean that everyone would need to re-checkout anything
> outstanding.  I think our biggest user set is DttSP.  Bob, Frank?

George --

Please go ahead and make the change. It's sensible and only hurts once
:-)
Also, there's a fair bit of new stuff coming in the next few weeks, so
better now than later.

Many thanks for providing such an excellent home.

Frank
George N. (Guest)
Frank B. wrote:
>     But, this would mean that everyone would need to re-checkout
> Many thanks for providing such an excellent home.

No problem!

But eek, what I meant was:
https://www.cgran.org/svn/

rather than:
https://www.cgran.org/cgran/

I don't think I can have the base URL used for both SVN and web.

Still legit?

- George
Frank B. (Guest)
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM, George N.

> But eek, what I meant was:
> https://www.cgran.org/svn/
>
> rather than:
> https://www.cgran.org/cgran/
>
> I don't think I can have the base URL used for both SVN and web.
>
> Still legit?

Definitely.

Frank
George N. (Guest)
Frank B. wrote:

> Definitely.

Done.

PS. the trac wiki is having some issues using mod_python, it's
segfaulting on me and I'm trying to fix this now.  So, to all using the
trac wiki on CGRAN, hang in there.

- George
Patrick S. (Guest)
George N. wrote am 2009-02-09 18:21:
> Hi all,
>
> CGRAN will likely be down for several hours today while we work on
> assigning it its own IP address and updating its SSL certificate.

Seems you are using a self-signed certificate, which is a no-op in
security sense. Have you thought about a CACert cerfificate?

Patrick
Patrick S. <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>
Josh B. (Guest)
Most certificate authorities seem to participate in "highway robbery". I
recommend godaddy certificates, $30 per year. -Josh
George N. (Guest)
Josh B. wrote:
> Most certificate authorities seem to participate in "highway robbery". I
> recommend godaddy certificates, $30 per year. -Josh

hmmm... I think that someone once offered to supply us with a
certificate, but I can't find the e-mail now.  If you did, or someone
else wants to donate one, I would appreciate it :)

- George