Forum: Ruby Book

Vishwajit P. (Guest)
on 2009-02-09 09:06
I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.

Thanks
Jayce M. (Guest)
Pragmatic Programmer's Programming Ruby Edition 3 (or whatever the
latest
is)

It's a pretty good way to get started.

From: "Vishwajit Parab" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 11:05 PM
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Subject: Book
Maran C. (Guest)
on 2009-02-09 09:11
Gregory B. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Vishwajit Parab
> I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.

I would strongly recommend David Black's "The Well Grounded Rubyist"
http://www.manning.com/black2/

It will hit the shelves soon, I imagine, and the quality of the MEAP
drafts are great.

-greg
Kareem Abd-Elmageed (Guest)
i recommend this free and strong book
Poignantguide <http://poignantguide.net/ruby/>
lw lw (Guest)
so many books,,,go to a bookstore,,,and u  will find the one you need

2009/2/9 Kareem Abd-Elmageed <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
David A. Black (Guest)
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, lw lw wrote:

> so many books,,,go to a bookstore,,,and u  will find the one you need

In a month or two, anyway :-)

David

James B. (Guest)

http://ruby-doc.org/bookstore

--
James B.

www.happycamperstudios.com   - Wicked Cool Coding
James B. (Guest)
Gregory B. wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Vishwajit Parab
>> I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.
>
> I would strongly recommend David Black's "The Well Grounded Rubyist"
> http://www.manning.com/black2/
>
> It will hit the shelves soon, I imagine, and the quality of the MEAP
> drafts are great.

I also recommend Greg's Ruby Best Practices as well, once you've learned
the basics of Ruby.