Forum: RSpec Speccing the format portion of a controller

Doug L. (Guest)
Hi -- I have a hacky work-around for this, but wondered if anyone could
tell
me the canonical way of sending the get/put/etc. portion of a spec with
format information.I guess with something that might look like this:

def do_get
  get :index, :format => :xml
end

Cheers,
   Doug.
David C. (Guest)
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:16 AM, doug livesey
> Hi -- I have a hacky work-around for this, but wondered if anyone could tell
> me the canonical way of sending the get/put/etc. portion of a spec with
> format information.

This is what is in the specs generated by rspec-rails:

  request.env["HTTP_ACCEPT"] = "application/xml"
  get :index

HTH,
David
Doug L. (Guest)
Cheers for that -- that's what I thought was the hacky solution! ;)I'm
now
reassured that I'm not being evil -- thanks!
   Doug.

2009/2/7 David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
David C. (Guest)
On Feb 7, 2009, at 10:00 AM, doug livesey <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Cheers for that -- that's what I thought was the hacky solution! ;)
> I'm now reassured that I'm not being evil -- thanks!

Not so fast! It works, and it's what rspec uses, but that doesn't make
it good ( as opposed to evil ).

I'd add support for something friendlier, but maybe it really belongs
in rails proper.
Pat M. (Guest)
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:16 AM, doug livesey
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:.

def do_get
  get :index, :format => "xml"
end

should work.  Notice it's a string instead of symbol.

Pat
Doug L. (Guest)
Well, I can guarantee that it's better than any home-grown solution I
would
attempt, so I'll be happy w/ that for now! ;)Cheers again,

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Pat M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:16 AM, doug livesey <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:.

> def do_get
>  get :index, :format => "xml"
> end
>
> should work.  Notice it's a string instead of symbol.

I should change the gen'd specs then. That's simpler, ay?
Doug L. (Guest)
Groovy!Cheers,