Forum: Ruby on Rails Rcov: how to write test cases

Brijesh S. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 08:12
Hi I am using rcov to generate code coverage. But I don't know how to
write cases  for that...

I have installed rcov gem and and execute rcov test/*.rb command. It
shows me some code coverage in files.

Can anyone  help me by giving example that how to write test cases and
where to write...

Thanks in advance...
Dharmdip R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 08:31
Brijesh S. wrote:
> Hi I am using rcov to generate code coverage. But I don't know how to
> write cases  for that...
>
> I have installed rcov gem and and execute rcov test/*.rb command. It
> shows me some code coverage in files.
>
> Can anyone  help me by giving example that how to write test cases and
> where to write...
>
> Thanks in advance...

http://thelucid.com/2007/08/24/using-rcov-to-measu...

http://www.ultrasaurus.com/sarahblog/2008/12/rails...
Brijesh S. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 09:51
Dharmdip R. wrote:
> Brijesh S. wrote:
>> Hi I am using rcov to generate code coverage. But I don't know how to
>> write cases  for that...
>>
>> I have installed rcov gem and and execute rcov test/*.rb command. It
>> shows me some code coverage in files.
>>
>> Can anyone  help me by giving example that how to write test cases and
>> where to write...
>>
>> Thanks in advance...
>
> http://thelucid.com/2007/08/24/using-rcov-to-measu...
> brijesh

http://www.ultrasaurus.com/sarahblog/2008/12/rails...

Thanks I know this.... but I am not getting how to write test cases
which will related to our definition..

lets take example: test cases for create method in user model  which
check validations ...
Dharmdip R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 11:13
Brijesh S. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 11:32
You did not get my point....

I am not getting how to create test cases in test files...like in
test/unit/.rb files...

http://pastie.org/378498

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/test_helper'

class UserTest < ActiveSupport::TestCase
  # Replace this with your real tests.
  def test_should_create_user
    ?????

what should be write in particular definition and how it will work? so i
can generate other test cases..

Thanks
Dharmdip R. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 14:41