Forum: Ruby barby and more than 72 ppi

Krzysztof K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-07 02:22
Hello.
I need your help.
I use barby to generate barcods (it`s great libary). However every png
that generate is 72 ppi. On the screen that looks beautiful but if i
want to print than i need 150 or 300 ppi. Could you tell me how to
generate this image? I looked also at gbarcode but i can`t find that
option.
Thanks for your help
Tore D. (Guest)
On Feb 7, 1:21 am, Krzysztof K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hello.
> I need your help.
> I use barby to generate barcods (it`s great libary). However every png
> that generate is 72 ppi. On the screen that looks beautiful but if i
> want to print than i need 150 or 300 ppi. Could you tell me how to
> generate this image? I looked also at gbarcode but i can`t find that
> option.

Usually you shouldn't have to set the PPI of an image - see
http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/mythdpi.html

But you can set it by using the RmagickOutputter and generating a
Magick::Image instance with to_image:

barcode = Barby::Code128B.new('hello')
image = barcode.to_image
image.density = "300x300"