Forum: Ruby on Rails Help with Forms

frank95a (Guest)
Hello all,

I am a newbie in Rails and have been trying to solve the following by
myself for the past 3 days to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Here is what I am trying to do:

1. Run a search on a table
2. Create a form that will update one attribute per record within the
result set

Here is the code:

<% @search_result.each do |result| %>
       <% form_for "result" do |f| %>
td>
true, unchecked_value = false)%></td>

'search', :action => 'update' %></td>

        <% end %><% end %>

However, this is not working at all. The view renders fine. But I am
not sure why the id that is passed to the controller is totally out of
whack. I have tried the following hash in the controller and it gives
me an error that this is nil params[:product][:id]

In addition, it is complaining about the checkbox (i.e. false method
passed)

Could any of you tell me what hash to use in the controller?

Thanks in advance
Jej (Guest)
Maybe a stupid remark: I don't see any submit button in your form...

> However, this is not working at all. The view renders fine. But I am
> not sure why the id that is passed to the controller is totally out of
> whack. I have tried the following hash in the controller and it gives
> me an error that this is nil params[:product][:id]

You should have a look at the server' logs. Find out something like:
Parameters: {...} to understand what is sent to the controller.

Jej
Colin L. (Guest)
Probably nothing to do with your problem but html does not allow <form>
between <table> and <tr> though some browsers do not object. It is not
allowed between <tr> and <td> either.