Forum: RSpec Is RSpec Ruby1.9 ready?

Yi W. (Guest)

I saw a message on Nov, 2008 in this mailing list from David:

"I'm not sure how to fix that problem, but before you go much further
you should know that RSpec does not yet run under 1.9. It's something
I want to raise in priority soon, and patches are welcome, but that's
the state of things today."

And I haven't seen any update on this issue since then. But according to
this
site <http://isitruby19.com/rspec>, RSpec works under Ruby 1.9.

So Is there any "official" response on this issue?

Thanks

Yi
David C. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Yi Wen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> And I haven't seen any update on this issue since then. But according to
> this site, RSpec works under Ruby 1.9.
>
> So Is there any "official" response on this issue?

It may generally *work*, but right now RSpec's own spec suite is not
passing in 1.9. Here's what is reported (running the specs using
"multiruby bin/spec spec"):

ruby 1.8.6
1246 examples, 0 failures, 4 pending

ruby 1.8.7
1246 examples, 0 failures, 4 pending

ruby 1.9.1
1238 examples, 49 failures, 4 pending

Note that we not only have failures, but we also get a different
number of examples reported in 1.9.1. Until these are resolved, RSpec
does not *officially* support 1.9.1.

If anybody is interested in helping us get there - most of the
failures are related to just a few issues, so fixing one issue might
resolve many of these failures. I'll document the remaining issues in
lighthouse later today or over the weekend. If you're interested and
feeling impatient, just grab the latest from git and run the specs w/
ruby 1.9 and you'll see what's going on.

Thanks,
David

Officially, right now 49 of RSpec's own specs are failing against 1.9.
TheIt is *mostly* working, but there are a few subtle issues that
either need to be either fixed or formally documented as unsupported.
This is high on the list right now, but so are a couple of other
things.

If anybody is interested in helping out, we're down to 49 failing specs.
David C. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> ruby 1.8.6
> does not *officially* support 1.9.1.
>
> If anybody is interested in helping us get there - most of the
> failures are related to just a few issues, so fixing one issue might
> resolve many of these failures. I'll document the remaining issues in
> lighthouse later today or over the weekend. If you're interested and
> feeling impatient, just grab the latest from git and run the specs w/
> ruby 1.9 and you'll see what's going on.
>
> Thanks,
> David

pressed send too soon - please ignore the 2nd version :)