Forum: NGINX Does nginx support connect method?

Delta Y. (Guest)
I want to set up an http proxy and I want to know does nginx support
connect
method?
Igor S. (Guest)
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:29:45PM +0800, Delta Y. wrote:

> I want to set up an http proxy and I want to know does nginx support connect
> method?

No.
Delta Y. (Guest)
Is there any plan in future to add this feature?

2009/2/6 Igor S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Dave C. (Guest)
Nginx is a reverse proxy, not a forward proxy. You should look at
squid or some of its competitors.

Cheers

Dave
Igor S. (Guest)
On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 12:57:53PM +0800, Delta Y. wrote:

> Is there any plan in future to add this feature?

CONNECT is forward proxy feature, and currently I'm not going
to implement forwarf proxy.