Forum: Ruby on Rails What is the url for my public folder

Shandy N. (Guest)
on 2009-02-05 21:38
I can't seem to find what I'm looking for but I was wondering if I have
a site: www.mysite.com, what is the url for the public folder?
Phlip (Guest)
Shandy N. wrote:

> I can't seem to find what I'm looking for but I was wondering if I have
> a site: www.mysite.com, what is the url for the public folder?

/
Julian L. (Guest)
That depends where the webserver has the docroot pointing for the
site. Do you know this?

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

On 06/02/2009, at 6:38 AM, Shandy N.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Sazima (Guest)
Shandy,

Phlip is too concise, but right. The URL of your public folder is
www.mysite.com/

So www.mysite.com/images/1.gif is the URL for the file 1.gif in the
images directory of your public folder. Got it?

Nonetheless, your public folder is just for your static assets. Rails
actions are handled dinamically by the appropriate controller in the
app/controllers folder.

Cheers, Sazima

On Feb 5, 5:38 pm, Shandy N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Shandy N. (Guest)
on 2009-02-06 18:16
I do seemed to be getting blocked by my controller. The issue that I am
having is that I am sending emails out with embedded html and I am
having trouble sending the style sheets along with the email. What I
thought I could do was simply reference the style sheet via the url, but
I have encountered other problems that kinda makes the point mute at
this point. The error that I was getting, however, said "no route found
to match . . . with {:method => :get}."