Forum: Ruby on Rails form_for + catch the complete action

Petan C. (Guest)
on 2009-02-05 18:17
Hi I am using classic form_for to upload pictures using ajax.

<% form_for(:images, :url => formatted_images_path(:format => 'js'),
:html => { :multipart => true, :target => 'upload_frame' }) do |f| %>

Is there a way to catch the complete action? I would like to use
lightbox to show and crop the image in iframe.

thank you.
Petr
Daly (Guest)
Can you use form_remote_for?

On Feb 5, 11:17 am, Petan C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Petan C. (Guest)

that is the trouble, the upload is not working with remote_form_for.

Cheers,
Petr

Daly wrote:
> Can you use form_remote_for?
>
> On Feb 5, 11:17�am, Petan C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Daly (Guest)
I used this about a year ago and it worked fine
http://khamsouk.souvanlasy.com/2007/5/1/ajax-file-....
Not sure if it still works with current versions of Rails.

In my latest app, I used swfupload to provide multiple file uploads
with a progress bar. There are better alternatives if you are using
apache and passenger.

On Feb 5, 11:41 am, Petan C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Mathieu R. (Guest)
I already used responds_to_parent successfully.

What are the better alternatives if we use Apache and Passenger?
Daly (Guest)
Sorry about the delay:

I found a nice tutorial here:
http://www.railsillustrated.com/screencast-file-up...