Forum: Ruby Is This Normal?

Alex K. (Guest)
When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
Is this normal?

Thanks,
-Alex
Dominik H. (Guest)
On [Thu, 05.02.2009 02:15], Alex K. wrote:
> When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
> Is this normal?

Define "extra copy". How many emails of yourself do you get? One or
two?
One is completly natural since the email sent to the list gets send to
each and everyone who's subscribed. (otherwise you would lose track of
your own discussions)

If you get two emails, its probably an issue of your MUA (or how you
use it), sending the mail to the list and to you, as well.
Ben B. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Alex K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
> Is this normal?

You're not really getting two copies of your reply, it's an artifact
of how gmail works.  It's showing you both the message you sent and
the copy that the mailing list sent out.

You may be able to tell ruby-talk not to send you your own messages,
or you can probably set up a filter to get rid of the copy the list
sends you.

Ben
Dominik H. (Guest)
On [Thu, 05.02.2009 02:18], Ben B. wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Alex K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
> > Is this normal?
>
> You're not really getting two copies of your reply, it's an artifact
> of how gmail works.  It's showing you both the message you sent and
> the copy that the mailing list sent out.

Okay, forget my prior message then, didn't thought of gmail.
Yukihiro M. (Guest)

In message "Re: Is This Normal?"
    on Thu, 5 Feb 2009 02:15:15 +0900, Alex K.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

|When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
|Is this normal?

If you're using gmail, yes.

              matz.
Radosław B. (Guest)
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Alex K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> When I reply to ruby-talk I get an extra copy of my reply.
> Is this normal?
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex

It caught me to. You can check on http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/4
that message appears only once.

--
Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog
Alex K. (Guest)
Hello Matz,

   I am a member of Mysql, Ubuntu and other mailing lists. None of them
show
this behavior.
When I send an email I don't get any emails echoed back. When I send