Forum: Ruby on Rails How to make a call to an applet in RoR?

Jeba M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-04 07:57
Hi..
I need to call a java applet from my rails application..
Can anyone please help and tell me..how do I do it????
Thank you so much...
Julian L. (Guest)
What do you mean by call?

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

Jeba M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-04 08:16
Julian L. wrote:
> What do you mean by call?
>
> Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
> Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

On the click of a link..I want a java applet to be opened....
moreover..I want to pass some parameters to this applet....
Is this possible..
Thank you...
Julian L. (Guest)
Yep. Put the applet into public and reference it like normal.

Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

Jeba M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-04 09:28
Julian L. wrote:
> Yep. Put the applet into public and reference it like normal.
>
> Blog: http://random8.zenunit.com/
> Learn rails: http://sensei.zenunit.com/

does that mean..I should use the applet tag from html.....and keep my
applet.class file in the public folder....
Thanks...
Julian L. (Guest)
Yep and use <%= url_for '/something.class' %> instead of the path to
the class.