Forum: Ruby on Rails Need your advice - after Locomotive and MAMP

Rudy (Guest)
Hi guys, could you give me some advice here?
I've been programming in RoR for some time. I made 4 programs that are
used by some people, and I used Locomotive, MAMP and Textmate to
develop them on a Mac. Worked like a charm... until today!
I wanted to install Widgets (Tabnav seemed great) and suddenly nothing
works anymore. I get

ActionView::TemplateError (wrong number of arguments (4 for 2)) in
Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/standardRailsSept2006.locobundle/i386/
lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.0.2/lib/action_controller/
templates/rescues/template_error.erb:

when I start up a program.

Obviously, something else was installed as well, but what? And how to
deal with it?

Now what is the best thing to do? I know Locomotive is no longer
updated/supported, so maybe I should use something else to develop in,
but at the same time I want to be able to use what I have made so far.
Is Aptana ok? But how to migrate then?  (I've tried to migrate to
Aptana once before, but ended up going back, because I found it rather
confusing)

All advice is greatly appreciated.
Rudy
Alan B. (Guest)
hey Rudy,

maybe tabnav is monkey patching something that has changed quite a bit
since
the version you installed was last modified.  I googled around and
discovered tabnav is now part of rails widgets.  Is that what you
installed.

*http://github.com/paolodona/rails-widgets/tree/master*

It doesn't look like rails widgets has been updated for rails 2.2, but
maybe
trying this version out is a next step

Locomotive still works fine for me.

al

--
Available for Ruby on Rails development opportunities
Rudy (Guest)

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rduy
Alan B. (Guest)
I would uninstall rails widget and find something other way to implement
tabs.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Rudy <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Thanks
> > discovered tabnav is now part of rails widgets.  Is that what you
> > al
> > > works anymore. I get
> >
> > --
> > Available for Ruby on Rails development opportunities

--
Available for Ruby on Rails development opportunities
Rudy (Guest)
Hi Alan,

just to let you and others know: the culprit was the widgetsfolder in
the vendor plugin folder. After removing that everything was fine
again. Don't know why, but I SURE will not use this tabnav or widget
thing again - certainly not as long as it stays available only through
git. I don't like that at all.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway.
Regards
Rudy