Forum: RSpec Rcov rake task problems

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-02-03 19:08
OS = MS-WinXPproSP3 / CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.25(0.156/4/2) 2008-06-12 19:34
ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i386-cygwin]
rails (2.2.2)
rake (0.8.3)
rcov (0.8.1.1.0)

I am trying to develop a rake task that will aggregate the results for
testunit, spec and cucumber tests.  However, I find that I continually
run into this error:

$rake rcov --trace
(in /home/byrnejb/projects/proforma.git)
rake aborted!
undefined method `rcov=' for #<Rcov::RcovTask:0x7f5bb3a8>
/home/byrnejb/projects/proforma.git/lib/tasks/rcov_new.rake:26
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rcov-0.8.1.1.0/lib/rcov/rcovtask.rb:92:in
`initializ
e'
/home/byrnejb/projects/proforma.git/lib/tasks/rcov_new.rake:24:in `new'
/home/byrnejb/projects/proforma.git/lib/tasks/rcov_new.rake:24
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1851:in
`in_namespace'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:892:in `namespace'
/home/byrnejb/projects/proforma.git/lib/tasks/rcov_new.rake:11
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.
rb:142:in `load_without_new_constant_marking'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.
rb:142:in `load'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.
rb:521:in `new_constants_in'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.
rb:142:in `load'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/tasks/rails.rb:8
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/tasks/rails.rb:8:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/tasks/rails.rb:8
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_requi
re'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
/home/byrnejb/projects/proforma.git/Rakefile:10
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2349:in `load'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2349:in
`raw_load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1985:in
`load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2036:in
`standard_exception_h
andling'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1984:in
`load_rakefile'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1969:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:2036:in
`standard_exception_h
andling'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/lib/rake.rb:1967:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.3/bin/rake:31
/usr/bin/rake:19:in `load'
/usr/bin/rake:19

All the rcov tasks, including those provided cucumber and rspec, are
broken in the same fashion.  I tried dropping back to an earlier version
of rcov (0.8.1.1.0) from 0.8.1.2.0 but I obtain the same error.  Has
anyone any idea what might be wrong?  The rake task used in this example
is:

require 'rcov/rcovtask'
namespace :rcov do
  desc "Generate code coverage with rcov"
  task :coverage do
    rm_f "doc/coverage/coverage.data"
    rm_f "doc/coverage"
    mkdir "doc/coverage"
    rcov = %(rcov --rails --aggregate doc/coverage/coverage.data
--text-summary -Ilib --html -o doc/coverage test/**/*_test.rb)
    system rcov
    system "open doc/coverage/index.html" if PLATFORM['darwin']
  end
end
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-02-03 19:30
desc "Rcov code coverage reports"
task :rcov => "rcov:all"
require 'rcov/rcovtask'

namespace :rcov do

  Rcov::RcovTask.new(:all) do
    task :rcov => "rcov:testunit"
  end

  Rcov::RcovTask.new(:testunit) do |t|
    t.libs << "test"
    t.output_dir = 'coverage'
    t.test_files = FileList['test/**/test*.rb']
    t.verbose = true
  end

end

However, this rake task works. So, the problem is in my rake task coding
and not with rcov itself.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.