Forum: Ruby on Rails rails generator bug?

Ferenc-Lorant K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-03 18:47
As I mentioned in http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/177503 I can't pass
arguments to rails generator. After a couple hours I find a dirty hack

def add_options!(opt)
opt.on("--option_name","Some Text") { |v| options[:option_name] = arg[0]
}

but regardless what i do the options hash still 'll contain the logical
true for defined arguments (def add_options!(opt)).

Only arg array 'll contain the runtime argument's value.

Any help is welcome to solve this uggly, dirty ... hack

Thanks kfl62
Ferenc-Lorant K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-03 19:21
Ferenc-Lorant Kiss wrote:
> As I mentioned in http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/177503 I can't pass
> arguments to rails generator. After a couple hours I find a dirty hack
>
> def add_options!(opt)
> opt.on("--option_name","Some Text") { |v| options[:option_name] = arg[0]
> }
>
> but regardless what i do the options hash still 'll contain the logical
> true for defined arguments (def add_options!(opt)).
>
> Only arg array 'll contain the runtime argument's value.
>
> Any help is welcome to solve this uggly, dirty ... hack
>
> Thanks kfl62

the source, maybe helps ...
http://github.com/kfl62/trst_sys/tree/master/lib/g...
Ferenc-Lorant K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-06 05:39
Shame on me
I used --option_name and of course was returned a logical true
> opt.on("--option_name","Some Text") { |v| options[:option_name] = arg[0]}

If I use --option_name=name returns args value :)
opt.on("--option_name=name","Some Text") { |v| options[:option_name] =
v}