Forum: wxRuby Proper way to use SplashScreen?

Mahlon S. (Guest)
on 2009-02-02 22:16
Hey all.  I'm using Wx 1.9.9 on ruby 1.8.6.  I can't seem to instantiate
a SplashScreen without causing a SystemStackError -- am I doing
something wrong?

This code is in my App's on_init() method:

splash_img = Wx::Bitmap.new( '/tmp/image.png', Wx::BITMAP_TYPE_PNG )
Wx::SplashScreen.new( splash_img,
    Wx::SPLASH_CENTRE_ON_SCREEN | Wx::SPLASH_TIMEOUT,
    3000, nil, -1 )

... which produces the following, after the splash times out.

./test:138:in `show': stack level too deep (SystemStackError)
        from ./test:138:in `main_loop'
        from ./test:138

Thanks for any insight.
Alex F. (Guest)
Mahlon Smith wrote:
> Hey all.  I'm using Wx 1.9.9 on ruby 1.8.6.  I can't seem to instantiate
> a SplashScreen without causing a SystemStackError -- am I doing
> something wrong?

It's a bug, sorry. Thanks for the report and sample code. It's fixed by
this patch:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wxruby-svn-commit/2...

alex
Fabio P. (Guest)
I've got the same error and resolved using SPLASH_NO_TIMEOUT, but i
don't
know why :-/

cheers,

bio.
Mahlon S. (Guest)
on 2009-02-03 20:09
Alex F. wrote:

> It's a bug, sorry. Thanks for the report and sample code. It's fixed by
> this patch:

Awesome.  Thanks for the speedy reply, Alex!