Forum: Ruby SciTE

Blackthirteen B. (Guest)
on 2009-02-02 17:42
Once I have entered code, how do I compile it? The compile option (in
Tool) is gray and cannot be used.
Jesús Gabriel y Galán (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Blackthirteen B.
> Once I have entered code, how do I compile it? The compile option (in
> Tool) is gray and cannot be used.

Ruby code doesn't need to be compiled. It's an interpreted language,
so you fire the interpreter and give it your file.
Within Scite you have to save the file as a .rb file and then Tools
--> Go (or F5). This will open a side pane with the execution of the
command "ruby yourfile.rb".

Of course you can also do that yourself in a terminal.

Jesus.
Kevin J. (Guest)
You don't need to compile ruby; it is an interpreted language.  Scite
is a cross-language editor

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Blackthirteen B.