Forum: GNU Radio some usrp modules are missing

feldmaus (Guest)

i compiled the gnuradio software correctly with this options:
./configure --enable-gr-wxgui --enable-grc --enable-usrp \
--enable-gr-usrp --enable-gr-audio-alsa --enable-gnuradio-examples \
--enable-gnuradio-core --enable-gr-audio-oss

There are some modules missing, like <usrp_diagnostic>.

I got only this Modules to work:

The following components were skipped either because you asked not

to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

usrp2-firmware

These components will not be built.

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
omnithread
gnuradio-core
pmt
mblock
usrp
usrp2
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gpio
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-pager
gr-radar-mono
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gnuradio-examples
grc

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
gr-gcell
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-osx
gr-audio-portaudio
gr-audio-windows
gr-comedi
gr-qtgui

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 02:18:28PM +0000, feldmaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i compiled the gnuradio software correctly with this options:
> ./configure --enable-gr-wxgui --enable-grc --enable-usrp \
> --enable-gr-usrp --enable-gr-audio-alsa --enable-gnuradio-examples \
> --enable-gnuradio-core --enable-gr-audio-oss
>
> There are some modules missing, like <usrp_diagnostic>.

> These components will not be built.
> mblock
> gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
>
> gr-audio-portaudio
> gr-audio-windows
> gr-comedi
> gr-qtgui
>
> These components will not be built.
>
> Do you have any idea ?
>
> Regards Markus

This looks like it's working.  Unless you've got a USRP2 you've got
everthing you need.

gcell and gr-gcell are used only on the Cell Broadband Engine.
You've got gr-audio-alsa, there's no need for the other gr-audio-*

Eric
Markus F. (Guest)
Eric B. schrieb:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 02:18:28PM +0000, feldmaus wrote:
>> There are some modules missing, like <usrp_diagnostic>.
>

> This looks like it's working.  Unless you've got a USRP2 you've got
> everthing you need.
>
> gcell and gr-gcell are used only on the Cell Broadband Engine.
> You've got gr-audio-alsa, there's no need for the other gr-audio-*

Hi,

the <usrp_diagnostic> is missing.

Regards Markus
Markus F. (Guest)

Markus F. <feldmann_markus <at> gmx.de> writes:

> the <usrp_diagnostic> is missing.

As i read, the <usrp_diagnostic> Tool is now called
<usp_probe>.

Regards Markus
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:18:55AM +0000, feldmaus wrote:
> Markus F. <feldmann_markus <at> gmx.de> writes:
> >
> > the <usrp_diagnostic> is missing.
>
> As i read, the <usrp_diagnostic> Tool is now called
> <usp_probe>.
>
> Regards Markus

I have no idea what you're talking about :-)

Have you tried

 ./configure --help

It lists all the modules that exist.

Eric
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 08:34 -0800, Eric B. wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:18:55AM +0000, feldmaus wrote:

> > As i read, the <usrp_diagnostic> Tool is now called
> > <usp_probe>.
>
> I have no idea what you're talking about :-)

usrp_diagnostics was an installed script by the grc module, which I felt
was poorly named, so I asked Josh to rename it to usrp_probe.

Johnathan
Josh B. (Guest)
The usrp_diagnostics script was renamed usrp_probe.

Part of this confusion may have come from the freedesktop menu item: If
you have installed the menu items for grc, run the following to remove
the old "usrp diagnostics" menu item:
sudo xdg-desktop-menu uninstall gnuradio-usrp_diagnostics.desktop

Then run the following to install the current grc freedesktop stuff:
sudo grc_setup_freedesktop install

The wiki is updated to reflect this:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Installation
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Execution