Forum: Ruby on Rails Which command is used to list the gems used by an application?

olivierntk (Guest)
Hi, I have been working on an application for a few months and
installed some gems, but I don't remember the exact list.

I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
command line is used for that?

thank u
Eric (Guest)
rake gems

also: rake --tasks
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:24 AM, olivierntk

> Hi, I have been working on an application for a few months and
> installed some gems, but I don't remember the exact list.
>
> I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
> command line is used for that?
>
> thank u

To list all your local gems use:
gem list --local

To install all those gems on your remote machine, you can run:
gem list --local --no-versions | xargs echo "gem install"
to get a command line ready to install every gem (although you probably
don't want to install every local gem)

--
Andrew T.
http://ramblingsonrails.com

Nashg C. (Guest)
on 2009-02-02 14:20
 I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
 command line is used for that
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Nashg Cold
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> wrote:

>  I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
>  command line is used for that
>
> --

gem install <list of gem names>

--