Forum: Ruby on Rails model.save! not saving and not throwing exception

Mike Emery (Guest)
Hi all,

I've hit something migrating from rails 2.0.2 to 2.2.2 and I'm wondering
if
it's a bug or if there's something I'm not aware of coming into play.
I've
abstracted the problem a little bit but it still reproduces with the
abstracted example.

I've got a model called multi_save.

class CreateMultiSaves < ActiveRecord::Migration
>     drop_table :multi_saves
>   end
> end

class MultiSave < ActiveRecord::Base

I've got a controller looking like:

class MultiSaveController < ApplicationController
> end

With this code in rails 2.0.2 the second call to save! sends an update
statement to the database.  In 2.2.2 the second call to save! issues no
call
to the database.  After the first call to save the id_dependant fields
gets
properly as I would expect in both 2.0.2 and 2.2.2.

--
-Mike