Forum: Ruby on Rails Elements for a related Model in a Form

Tomas M. (Guest)
Hello,

I can't figure out how to do this:

I have a Post Model and it :has_and_belongs_to_many :tags. When I edit
a Post, I want to create checkboxes or a select field (with multiple
select choices), so I can add tags to a Post directly from its form.
Is there a way to achieve this nicely or do I have to create something
like just check_box_tags whithin a loop and process those back in the
controller?

Tomas
Patrick D. (Guest)
On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Tomas M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> controller?
>
> Tomas

I wanted to do something very similar and I modeled my application after
this:

http://www.justinball.com/2008/07/03/checkbox-list...

--wpd
Tomas M. (Guest)
I've already implemented it in a very similar way, but that looks a
bit nicer. Thanks!

Tomas