Forum: GNU Radio calculation of the real transmitted signal power if --tx-amplitidue is set dynamically

Bill S. (Guest)
Hello, all!

We are using RFX2400 to transmit some signals. As known, transmit power
of that board is said to be 50mW shown on the datasheet and the default
value of --tx-amplitude in benchmark_tx.py file is 12000. Can we say the
real transmitted signal power is 50mW which is correspoding to 12000 for
--tx-amplitude? Is the transmitted signal power changing with the
parameter --tx-amplitude linearly? Could any friend give me a hint?
Thanks a lot!!!

Bill
Matt E. (Guest)
Bill S. wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> We are using RFX2400 to transmit some signals. As known, transmit power
> of that board is said to be 50mW shown on the datasheet and the default
> value of --tx-amplitude in benchmark_tx.py file is 12000. Can we say the
> real transmitted signal power is 50mW which is correspoding to 12000 for
> --tx-amplitude? Is the transmitted signal power changing with the
> parameter --tx-amplitude linearly? Could any friend give me a hint?
> Thanks a lot!!!

Like any transmitter, the power out will vary depending on many factors,
like the exact frequency and board and component tolerances.  If you
really care about the exact power, you'll need to measure it.

Matt