Forum: RSpec Cucumber resource routes

Peter F. (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm missing something basic here.

Inside ./features/support/paths.rb I want to use a
ActionController::Resources helper for Products as mapped in routes.rb

./routes.rb
map.resource :product

./features/support/paths.rb (abbreviated for clarity)
def path_to(page_name)
  case page_name
  when /Product (\d+)/
    project_path(:id => $1)
  else
    raise "Can't find mapping from \"#{page_name}\" to a path."

rake features
    Given I go to Product 1 page         #
features/step_definitions/webrat_steps.rb:6
      undefined method `project_path' for
#<ActionController::Integration::Session:0xb6eec0d0> (NoMethodError)

So, can someone tell me the horribly obvious that I've missed?

Peter F.
(847) 687-7646
Email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
IM GTalk: peter.fitzgibbons
IM Yahoo: pjfitzgibbons
IM MSN: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
IM AOL: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Thomas r. K. (Guest)

uhmmm 'project'.should be('product')

--
Thomas R. "TomK32" Koll <> http://ananasblau.com
just a geek trying to change the world
> ./features/support/paths.rb (abbreviated for clarity)
>     Given I go to Product 1 page         #
> features/step_definitions/webrat_steps.rb:6
>       undefined method `project_path' for
> #<ActionController::Integration::Session:0xb6eec0d0> (NoMethodError)
>
> So, can someone tell me the horribly obvious that I've missed?

map.resource :product
project_path(:id => $1)

product != project
Peter F. (Guest)
See, I told you it was horribly obvious!

*blush*

Thanks Thomas, David.