Forum: Ruby The RSpec Book is now in beta

David C. (Guest)
I’m pleased to announce the beta release of the Pragmatic Bookshelf’s
The RSpec Book: Behaviour Driven Development with RSpec, Cucumber and
Friends!

It’s been a long time coming, and there’s still a lot of work to do to
get to print. The beta release has 9 of the 22 chapters we have
planned. Most of what remains is almost done, but not quite ready to
release yet. As with all of the Pragmatic beta books, we’ll do regular
updates every few weeks as we wrap up the remaining chapters and
incorporate your feedback. And please do provide feedback. We want
this book to serve you well!

There are six authors involved: Dave A., Zach D., Aslak
Hellesoy, Bryan H., Dan N., and me. I'm honored to be in such
good company here, with the guys who brought us BDD, to the developers
and maintainers of RSpec, Cucumber and Webrat.

You can read more (and buy the book!) at
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/achbd/the-rspec-book

On behalf of all the authors, I'd like to extend a special thank you
to all of you who have contributed to the software and the
conversation around RSpec, Cucumber, and BDD in general. RSpec would
be nothing without the community that has evolved around it, so thank
you, thank you, thank you.

Again, THANK YOU!
David C.
Robby R. (Guest)
...and the crowd roars!

--
Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
Nick H. (Guest)
On 29/01/2009, at 10:36 AM, David C. wrote:
> want this book to serve you well!
> conversation around RSpec, Cucumber, and BDD in general. RSpec would
> be nothing without the community that has evolved around it, so
> thank you, thank you, thank you.
>
> Again, THANK YOU!
> David C.

Congrats David, Dave, Zach, Aslak, Bryan and Dan! We've all really
been looking forward to this. Expect lots of feedback, support, and
thanks.

Cheers,
Nick
David C. (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Nick H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
>> provide feedback. We want this book to serve you well!
>> all of you who have contributed to the software and the conversation around
>> RSpec, Cucumber, and BDD in general. RSpec would be nothing without the
>> community that has evolved around it, so thank you, thank you, thank you.
>>
>> Again, THANK YOU!
>> David C.
>
> Congrats David, Dave, Zach, Aslak, Bryan and Dan! We've all really been
> looking forward to this. Expect lots of feedback, support, and thanks.

Thank you Nick. That's exactly why we're doing a beta book. Looking
forward to your input.

Cheers,
David
Doug L. (Guest)
Just bought it -- been looking forwards to this!