Forum: Ruby clicking links in mechanize with :text=> nokogiri.css('a.l')

Edouard D. (Guest)

i cannot click links in mechanize through their text content.

i tried the following but get error with link_with(:text => '') method
or using the whole text content obtained through nokogiri parser method
css('a.l') that points to google results.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks for input

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'
$KCODE='UTF8'

@agent= WWW::Mechanize.new
@page=@agent.get('http://www.google.com/search?q=parsing')

puts @agent.click @page.link_with(:text => 'parsing') <===??

@page.parser.css('a.l').each do |l| puts @agent.click(l).inner_text end
<===??
Luis P. (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Edouard D.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> i cannot click links in mechanize through their text content.
>
> i tried the following but get error with link_with(:text => '') method
> or using the whole text content obtained through nokogiri parser method
> css('a.l') that points to google results.

> @agent= WWW::Mechanize.new
> @page=@agent.get('http://www.google.com/search?q=parsing')
>
> puts @agent.click @page.link_with(:text => 'parsing') <===??

  There is no link with text 'parsing'. Just tried that google search
and there's a 'Parsing' result on the first page.
@page.link_with(:text => 'Parsing') returns a WWW::Mechanize::Page::Link
Ins M. (Guest)
on 2014-05-15 15:42
i'm new in ruby and i want to understand how to use nokogiri mechanize
to parse pages in HTML