Forum: Ruby MiniTest / Test::Unit

James M. (Guest)
I'm struggling to understand the combinations in which MiniTest and
Test::Unit can be used. This is my understanding so far...

Test::Unit

Available as a standard library ('test/unit') in Ruby versions before
1.9.1.
Available as a standard library in Ruby version 1.9.1, but only as a
thin
wrapper around MiniTest. Some Test::Unit API no longer available.

MiniTest

Available as a gem ('minitest') in Ruby versions before 1.9.0
Available as a standard library ('mini/test') in Ruby version 1.9.0
Available as a standard library ('minitest') in Ruby version 1.9.1

Is that all correct?

Also when is the minitest_tu_shim gem intended to be used?

Thanks.
Gregory B. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM, James M.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I'm struggling to understand the combinations in which MiniTest and
> Test::Unit can be used. This is my understanding so far...
>
> Test::Unit
>
> Available as a standard library ('test/unit') in Ruby versions before 1.9.1.
> Available as a standard library in Ruby version 1.9.1, but only as a thin
> wrapper around MiniTest. Some Test::Unit API no longer available.

You can also gem install test-unit -v 1.2.3 on 1.9.1 to get back the
full blow 'old school' Test::Unit

-greg
James M. (Guest)
2009/1/28 Gregory B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

> You can also gem install test-unit -v 1.2.3 on 1.9.1 to get back the
> full blow 'old school' Test::Unit

Thanks - that's really helpful.