Forum: Ruby load a local gem while an older lib version still exists

Edouard D. (Guest)
on 2009-01-28 13:33
Hi

I have installed the mechanize 0.9.0.gem on ubuntu.

The older mechanize-hpricot installed from the ubuntu repository is
still the default.

How can i load/make the new version the default?

Note that i want to keep the old one because i have already written a
few things that need it.

thanks for your comments
Stefan L. (Guest)
2009/1/28 Edouard D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Hi
>
> I have installed the mechanize 0.9.0.gem on ubuntu.
>
> The older mechanize-hpricot installed from the ubuntu repository is
> still the default.
>
> How can i load/make the new version the default?

Assuming the gem name is "mechanize", put this
_before_ calling require:

    gem "mechanize", ">= 0.9.0"

> Note that i want to keep the old one because i have already written a
> few things that need it.
>
> thanks for your comments

Stefan