Forum: GNU Radio SVN Revisions and GSSM

José Carlos R. (Guest)
Hi all,

I would like to test GSSM, so I want to download the revision 5220 of
GNU
Radio.
Is it possible? How?

Thanks in advance.
Sicerely,

Jose Carlos
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:01:10AM +0100, José Carlos R. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to test GSSM, so I want to download the revision 5220 of GNU
> Radio.
> Is it possible? How?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sicerely,
>
> Jose Carlos

  $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk@5220 trunk-r5220

Note that we're currently on revision 10315, so r5220 is pretty much
ancient...

The Red Bean book is the definititve manual for svn.

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Eric
José Carlos R. (Guest)
Thank you Eric.
I had to install that old revision due to the newer svn revisions do not
work with gssm. Do you know what newer revision I can use with gssm?
With r5220, the installation of gssm and wireshark is ok. But when I
start
the gssm_usrp.py script (in the last step, whe I start wireshark and I
try
to demodulate the traffic) it gives me the following error:
*
josecarlos@josecarlos-laptop:~/Escritorio/gssm-v0.1/src/python$ sudo
./gssm_usrp.py
>>> gr_fir_ccf: using SSE
>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
TUNSETIFF: Device or resource busy
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  cannot open TUN device
Cancelado*

Any help?
Can anyone that has gssm help me?

Thank you ever so much.

Jose Carlos

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 09:11:19PM +0100, José Carlos R. wrote:
> TUNSETIFF: Device or resource busy
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  cannot open TUN device
> Cancelado*
>
> Any help?
> Can anyone that has gssm help me?
>
> Thank you ever so much.
> Jose Carlos

Jose,

As far as I know, the person who wrote gssm is not on this mailing list.
I would suggest that you either contact that person, or figure out how
to update the code so that it runs with the latest version of GR.

I don't know how much experience you have with free software projects,
but in general, the people who want things working, make them work.
You appear to be a person who wants gssm working, thus you are the
_perfect_ person to sort it out.

Have your tried googling "TUNSETIFF: Device or resource busy"
Have you looked at the tap/tun documentation?
Have you looked at our current code and located any examples that use
tap/tun?  find and grep are your friend.

Eric