Forum: RSpec [ANN, Cucumber] Textile Formatter

Steve R. (Guest)
Sheepishly, I am announcing that I created a textile formatter for
Cuke. It was unabashedly ripped out of the HTML formatter, so there is
almost certainly a better way to do it. The incentive behind this was
my desire to get stories posted on Github. Like, real fast. If only
Github let me post automatically...

I'm hoping this is of some use and that you won't brutalize me too
much for the lack of specs :)

--s
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM, s.ross <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Sheepishly, I am announcing that I created a textile formatter for Cuke. It
> was unabashedly ripped out of the HTML formatter, so there is almost
> certainly a better way to do it. The incentive behind this was my desire to
> get stories posted on Github. Like, real fast. If only Github let me post
> automatically...

What a great idea!

> I'm hoping this is of some use and that you won't brutalize me too much for
> the lack of specs :)

As long as I don't have to maintain untested code I don't care ;-)

Unfortunately though - 0.2 is soon out and the formatter API has changed
dramatically (and should be pretty stable from now on). I suggest you
check
out the latest GitHub code (recently merged to master) and refactor your
formatter.

You'll also find some awesome cucumber features for cucumber. We use
this to
verify that cucumber's output is as expected. I suggest you do the same
with
your Textile formatter. If you write features for it I'm happy to
include it
into Cucumber.

Aslak
Steve R. (Guest)
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM, s.ross <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Ok, I created stories
> http://github.com/sxross/cucumber_textile_formatte...
> :)
> On Jan 27, 2009, at 12:09 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

I'm inviting EVERYBODY to help design a new HTML format for Cucumber
0.2's new HTML formatter.

---> http://tinyurl.com/cuke-html <---

Aslak

> As long as I don't have to maintain untested code I don't care ;-)
>> rspec-users mailing list

Aslak (::)