Forum: GNU Radio Using different sizes for the different input ports of one GNU Radio block

Alvaro P. (Guest)
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use different data types or
different vector sizes for the different input ( or output) ports of a
GNU Radio block. I explain myself.

When the input or output signature of a block is specified, the
parameters provided are: minimum number of ports, maximum number of
ports and size of the data. This size is applied to all the ports. My
question is that if there is any way of specifying different sizes for
the different ports.

More concretely, in my case I need two input ports where one of them
takes a vector of 30 char and a vector of 432 char the other. Since I
can only provide one size, I'm specifying 432*sizeof_char, so when I run
my flowgraph I get an error message complaining about a size mismatch.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Alvaro P.

Alvaro P. Navarro
Institute of Microelectronics and Wireless Systems
Electronic Engineering Department National University of Ireland,
Maynooth
Maynooth, Co. Kildare,
Ireland

P: +353-1-7086935
F: +353-1-7086027
W: www.imws.nuim.ie
Eric B. (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 05:36:21PM +0000, Alvaro P. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to use different data types or
> different vector sizes for the different input ( or output) ports of a
> GNU Radio block.

Yes.  Take a look at gr_io_signature.h

Eric