Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby script/server ERROR

Basma B. (Guest)

Hi
I have a problem when I use the command
ruby script/server
in some of applications , the server dose not working end exiting before
I close it!

to know what I mean please
see the attachment!

How I deal with a server to see my pages?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 27 Jan 2009, at 12:25, Basma Basma wrote:

> I close it!

Sounds like a syntax error in database.yml.

Fred
Basma B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 16:48
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2009, at 12:25, Basma Basma wrote:
>
>> I close it!
>>

> Sounds like a syntax error in database.yml.
>
> Fred

thanks Fred for replying.
but what kind of errors?
I wrote in database.yml

development:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:

test:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:

production:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 27 Jan 2009, at 14:48, Basma Basma wrote:

> thanks Fred for replying.
> but what kind of errors?
> I wrote in database.yml

According to the error message there's a line with timeout: 5000 on it
Also indentation in yaml is significant.

Fred
Basma B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 17:10
Frederick C. wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2009, at 14:48, Basma Basma wrote:
>

>> thanks Fred for replying.
>> but what kind of errors?
>> I wrote in database.yml
>>
> According to the error message there's a line with timeout: 5000 on it
> Also indentation in yaml is significant.
>
> Fred

yes there was a line with timeout: 5000
then I remove it , to see if the error from it or not!
and still same error!

but what do you mean about "Also indentation in yaml is significant"?
should be without indentation?

thanks..
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 27 Jan 2009, at 15:10, Basma Basma wrote:

>> it
> but what do you mean about "Also indentation in yaml is significant"?
> should be without indentation?

That means that what you pasted:

development:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:

is very different from

development:
   adapter: mysql
   database: web
   host: localhost
   username: root
   password:

Also have all three environments set to use the same database is a
very bad thing (unless you want all of them to get wiped everytime you
run the unit tests).

Fred
Basma B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 17:42