Forum: Ruby logging 0.9.5

Tim P. (Guest)
logging version 0.9.5
    by Tim P.
    http://logging.rubyforge.org/

== DESCRIPTION

Logging is a flexible logging library for use in Ruby programs based on
the
design of Java's log4j library. It features a hierarchical logging
system,
custom level names, multiple output destinations per log event, custom
formatting, and more.

== CHANGES

2 minor enhancements
  - The pattern layout can output the current thread name
    if set using Thread.current[:name]         [valodzka]
  - Added buffered logging to all IO based loggers
    (console, file, rolling file)
1 bug fix
  - Uncaught TimeoutError in the e-mail appender

==

Blessings,
TwP
Jakub Pavlík jn. (Guest)

> ==
>
> Blessings,
> TwP

It would be nice to see comparison of Logging and Log4r.

Jakub Pavlik

--
"Configure complete, now type 'make' and PRAY."

                (configure script of zsnes - www.zsnes.com)
Tim P. (Guest)
On Jan 25, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Jakub Pavlík jn. wrote:

> It would be nice to see comparison of Logging and Log4r.

/me makes mental note to write up a blog post ... after I create the
blog. Maybe there is some nice static website generation software out
there I could use; something that supports blogs ... hmmm

Blessings,
TwP
Rupert V. (Guest)
> /me makes mental note to write up a blog post ... after I create the blog.
> Maybe there is some nice static website generation software out there I
> could use; something that supports blogs ... hmmm

not tried it, but jekyll looks quite interesting:

http://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/tree/master

Tom C. (Guest)
Tim P. wrote:
> TwP

OMG, Tim, you're right! And it's a jewel. I use it all the time -
fantastic thingie, I think it's call
leggie...nah...wekkie...uh...wookie...OH...

webby, as in http://webby.rubyforge.org/

Yeah. That's it.

t.

Tom C., MS MA, LMHC - Private practice Psychotherapist
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< removed_email_address@domain.invalid >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website)
Bahaw A. (Guest)
on 2009-02-02 11:21
Does this work in Rails 2.2.2? I tried actually, but it throwing an
error looking for Rails 2.3 bare bones.

Which version should I use?

thanks,
b4h4w

Tim P. wrote:
> logging version 0.9.5
>     by Tim P.
>     http://logging.rubyforge.org/
>
> == DESCRIPTION
>
> Logging is a flexible logging library for use in Ruby programs based on
> the
> design of Java's log4j library. It features a hierarchical logging
> system,
> custom level names, multiple output destinations per log event, custom
> formatting, and more.
>
> == CHANGES
>
> 2 minor enhancements
>   - The pattern layout can output the current thread name
>     if set using Thread.current[:name]         [valodzka]
>   - Added buffered logging to all IO based loggers
>     (console, file, rolling file)
> 1 bug fix
>   - Uncaught TimeoutError in the e-mail appender
>
> ==
>
> Blessings,
> TwP
Bahaw A. (Guest)
on 2009-02-02 12:27
sorry, should have been:
Could not find RubyGem bones (>= 2.3.0) (Gem::LoadError)

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Bahaw A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> sorry, should have been:
> Could not find RubyGem bones (>= 2.3.0) (Gem::LoadError)

Odd. Logging does not have a runtime dependency on Mr Bones. However,
you can silence the warning by installing Mr Bones ...

  sudo gem install bones

That should fix the problem.

Blessings,
TwP