Forum: Ruby on Rails how to display a family tree

Tim D. (Guest)
on 2009-01-25 02:14
I am wondering if there is any plugins or gems that could help me to
display a family tree using the rails framework. For example I have a
database with father mother relationships on every person and would like
some help on how to graphically display a family tree.
Phlip (Guest)
Tim Dunn wrote:
> I am wondering if there is any plugins or gems that could help me to
> display a family tree using the rails framework. For example I have a
> database with father mother relationships on every person and would like
> some help on how to graphically display a family tree.

Google for [rails mindmap].

The roadblock will be a family tree must be scrollable and collapsible.
Otherwise you overwhelm your user with info!
Tim D. (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 04:11
Phlip wrote:
> Tim Dunn wrote:
>> I am wondering if there is any plugins or gems that could help me to
>> display a family tree using the rails framework. For example I have a
>> database with father mother relationships on every person and would like
>> some help on how to graphically display a family tree.
>
> Google for [rails mindmap].
>
> The roadblock will be a family tree must be scrollable and collapsible.
> Otherwise you overwhelm your user with info!

Thanks that looks pretty promising!
I am wondering how to go about using my data to do it and how to
implement it into my application. Sorry I am new to these plugin things.