Forum: Ruby secure client api for a web service

Carla (Guest)
Hello,

I have to make a client api using ruby, to a java web service.

Using wsdl2ruby, I generated the client stubs and now I am trying to
use one of many popular methods of web service in a secure way i.e.
digital signature etc.

Is there a CXF libraries (jar files) equivalent in Ruby that I can
just import and start using their methods?

What other ways are there to start building a secure client api?

Thanks,
Carla
Albert S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-25 02:50
Carla wrote:
> What other ways are there to start building a secure client api?

I'm not familiar with java and the technologies you mentioned, but I'd
simply instruct my users (programmers) to access my api using https://.
Their first call would be to the login page. Subsequent calls would need
to send the session cookie.
Carla (Guest)
On Jan 24, 7:48 pm, Albert S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Carla wrote:
> > What other ways are there to start building a secure client api?
>
> I'm not familiar with java and the technologies you mentioned, but I'd
> simply instruct my users (programmers) to access my api using https://.
> Their first call would be to the login page. Subsequent calls would need
> to send the session cookie.
> --

When I am trying to connect to the web service, I am getting
(SOAP::FaultError) back that says Request does not contain required
Security header. How do I add one?