Forum: GNU Radio guile / gmp problems

davek (Guest)
gmp-4.2.4 installed finebut when configuring guile i still get

./configure
... ...
checking whether sethostname is declared... yes
checking whether strncasecmp is declared... yes
checking for library containing crypt... none required
checking for i... _Complex_I
checking whether csqrt is usable... yes
checking for __gmpz_init in -lgmp... no
configure: error: GNU MP not found, see README
davidkierz-macbook:guile-1.8.6 davidkierz$

any ideas folks?
Stuart Brorson (Guest)
> ./configure
> ... ...
> checking whether sethostname is declared... yes
> checking whether strncasecmp is declared... yes
> checking for library containing crypt... none required
> checking for i... _Complex_I
> checking whether csqrt is usable... yes
> checking for __gmpz_init in -lgmp... no
> configure: error: GNU MP not found, see README

The Guile folks, in their infinite wisdom, now make the GNU Bignum
library a depedency for installing guile.   Configure is barfing
'cause you don't have it.  Here's info about GNU Bignum:

http://gmplib.org/

You'll need to install it, and then try compiling again.  Of course,
GNU Bignum has it's own set of dependencies you'll need to work
through....

Have fun,

Stuart
(Who has been bitten in the past by this Guile problem when building
other packages.)
Michael D. (Guest)
Are you installing on Linux or OSX?  Which version?  It looks like
you're installing from source by hand ... why not use DMG / PKG /
DEB / MacPorts / Fink or whatever? - MLD
davek (Guest)
sorry i already do have gmp-4.2.4 installed, thats what's required
right?

davidkierz-macbook:gmp-4.2.4 davidkierz$ ls -la /usr/local/lib/ | grep
gmp
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel    274064 Jan 23 22:56 libgmp.3.4.4.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel        18 Jan 23 22:56 libgmp.3.dylib ->
libgmp.3.4.4.dylib
-rw-r--r--    1 root  wheel    516472 Jan 23 22:56 libgmp.a
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel        18 Jan 23 22:56 libgmp.dylib ->
libgmp.3.4.4.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel       797 Jan 23 22:56 libgmp.la

is there some reason guile is not seeing the libgmp files?