Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Delete a file and trash

Vincent C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-23 07:40
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if there is a convenient way in ruby/gtk2 to move a file
to user trash. Maybe ruby/gnomevfs implement this behavior but I did not
find the correct method in the documentation. I would prefer to require
only gtk2 (a Gtk or GLib method).
Marcin (Guest)
Vincent C. pisze:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I was wondering if there is a convenient way in ruby/gtk2 to move a file
> to user trash. Maybe ruby/gnomevfs implement this behavior but I did not
> find the correct method in the documentation. I would prefer to require
> only gtk2 (a Gtk or GLib method).

gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs

m.
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Delete a file and trash" on Fri, 23 Jan 2009
06:40:46 +0100,
  Vincent C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a convenient way in ruby/gtk2 to move a file
> to user trash. Maybe ruby/gnomevfs implement this behavior but I did not
> find the correct method in the documentation. I would prefer to require
> only gtk2 (a Gtk or GLib method).

We don't have GIO bindings for now because we don't have
human resources to develop them. We need help!

kou
Vincent C. (Guest)
on 2009-01-26 04:44
Thanks for your replies.

Marcin wrote:
>gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs
I am going to take a look at gvfs. Do you know where i can find
documentation on ruby/gvfs.

Kouhei S. wrote:
> We don't have GIO bindings for now because we don't have
> human resources to develop them. We need help!

Sorry but I cannot write GIO bindings. I am currently writting my first
application. I choose ruby to learn coding. I do not know (yet) howt to
bind c code.
Marcin (Guest)
Vincent C. pisze:
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> Marcin wrote:
>> gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs
> I am going to take a look at gvfs. Do you know where i can find
> documentation on ruby/gvfs.

gio is a part of gvfs. if there's no gio bindings, i'm afraid that you
can't use gvfs

m/
Jan W. (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 18:13
Marcin wrote:
> Vincent C. pisze:
>> Thanks for your replies.
>>
>> Marcin wrote:
>>> gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs
>> I am going to take a look at gvfs. Do you know where i can find
>> documentation on ruby/gvfs.
>
> gio is a part of gvfs. if there's no gio bindings, i'm afraid that you
> can't use gvfs
>
> m/

Any plans of adding the gio to the ruby bindings?  Is some work done
already, so I could jump in?