Forum: Ruby on Rails Custom login page

alamodey (Guest)

I'm new to Rails. I'd like to have a customized login page for each
user. Just like Twitter how you go to www.twitter.com/username and you
can login from there. How do I do that? Thanks.
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-01-22 15:57
alamodey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Rails. I'd like to have a customized login page for each
> user. Just like Twitter how you go to www.twitter.com/username and you
> can login from there. How do I do that? Thanks.

I'm not sure exactly how Twitter implemented their login page, but my
guess is that they are just styling the layout with CSS rules associated
to the user account.
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Robert W. <

> to the user account.
> --

If you want to have the username on the url like they have, you can use

map.connect ':username', :controller => <controller_name>, :action =>
<action_name> and you will access the username via params[:username]
You will need to have that as one of the last entries in your routes
file
and you'll have to be careful of usernames conflicting with your other
controller paths

--
Andrew T.
http://ramblingsonrails.com