Forum: GNU Radio Failed to set initial freq

w w (Guest)
Greetings,
I got the TVRX because I need a board to RX AM from 100 to 600 MHZ.   I
know
it is for TV but I thought it could do AM as well.   However I can't
seem to
set the intial freq for the board.   Using the same python script I can
set
the freq for a basic RX board.  I don't seem to see any other errors
other
that then "Failed to set the intial freq".   Any suggestions?   Can the
TVRX
board do AM?

Thanks
Eric B. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 01:55:32PM -0500, w w wrote:
> Greetings,
> I got the TVRX because I need a board to RX AM from 100 to 600 MHZ.   I know
> it is for TV but I thought it could do AM as well.   However I can't seem to
> set the intial freq for the board.   Using the same python script I can set
> the freq for a basic RX board.  I don't seem to see any other errors other
> that then "Failed to set the intial freq".   Any suggestions?   Can the TVRX
> board do AM?
>
> Thanks

The TVRX board covers from 50MHz to about 860 MHz.
It doesn't care what the modulation is.

Eric
w w (Guest)
So, the board is probally bad....can you recommend a good example script
for
testing purposes?   I also need the the TVRX board to Recieve bi-phase L
encoded data....is this possible?

Thanks
Matt E. (Guest)
Make sure you put an "M" after the frequency, otherwise it will assume
you want to tune to 100 Hz, which it can't do.

Matt