Forum: RSpec fixture_scenarios problem

Giuseppe B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-21 09:57
Hello there,

is anyone still using fixture_scenarios with RSpec these days? They
don't seem to coexist peacefully anymore.

I just created a new rails (2.2.2) app, generated an rspec_scaffold
(with v. 1.1.12), and verified that all specs pass.

But if I then install the fixture_scenarios plugin:

script/plugin install
http://fixture-scenarios.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/...

all specs break, with the first error line being:

/Users/giuseppe/trails/witest/vendor/plugins/fixture_scenarios/lib/fixture_scenarios.rb:37
:in `create_fixtures'

(more details upon request)

On the other hand, the same plugin used to work with RSpec 1.1.4

Has anyone encountered/solved this problem?
Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe
Scott T. (Guest)
Giuseppe B. wrote:
> script/plugin install
> http://fixture-scenarios.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/...
>
> all specs break, with the first error line being:

/Users/giuseppe/trails/witest/vendor/plugins/fixture_scenarios/lib/fixture_scenarios.rb:37
> :in `create_fixtures'
>
> (more details upon request)

Is the git tree any different than the svn one?

http://github.com/mojombo/fixture-scenarios/tree/master

Scott
Giuseppe B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-26 08:56
> Is the git tree any different than the svn one?
> http://github.com/mojombo/fixture-scenarios/tree/master
> Scott

Hi Scott, I checked, and the two trees are actually identical.

It seems that while fixture_scenarios has not changed since around April
2007, changes in rspec since v.1.1.4 have created (or revealed) an
incompatibility.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this problem.

Giuseppe
Pelle Braendgaard (Guest)
It was this change included in rspec 1.1.12 that caused the problem:
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645-rspec...

Basically rspec extends ActiveSupport::TestCase instead of
Test::Unit:TestCase.

I have made a fix to fixture scenarios which fixes that particular
problem. I've made it available here:

http://github.com/pelle/fixture-scenarios/tree/master

All it does is change fixture scenarios to use ActiveSupport::TestCase
as well and it works for me.

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Giuseppe B.
> Thanks in advance for any advice on this problem.
>
> Giuseppe
> --

http://agree2.com - Reach Agreement!
http://extraeagle.com - Solutions for the electronic Extra Legal world
http://stakeventures.com - Bootstrapping blog
Giuseppe B. (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 01:00
Pelle Braendgaard wrote:
> I have made a fix to fixture scenarios which fixes that particular
> problem. I've made it available here:
>
> http://github.com/pelle/fixture-scenarios/tree/master

It works!
Thank you very, very much, Pelle.