Forum: Ruby wilson 1.0.0 Released

Ryan D. (Guest)
wilson version 1.0.0 has been released!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb>

Wilson is a pure ruby x86 assembler. No, really. Worst Idea Evar.

Why "wilson"? I wanted to name it "metal", but there is an existing
project with that name... So I'm naming it after Wilson B., who
is about as metal as you can get (and it is easier to spell than
"bilkovich", even tho that sounds more metal).

Changes:

### 1.0.0 / 2009-01-20

* 1 major enhancement

   * Birfday!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb>
Wilson B. (Guest)
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Ryan D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> "bilkovich", even tho that sounds more metal).
So, you had the Worst Idea Ever, and thought of me? How sweet!

Is this is thinly-veiled attempt to get me to contribute to this
project?
If so, it is going to work.
Marcin R. (Guest)
Great stuff !!!

I've seen teaser post on your blog, and searched google and diffirent
repos to find it :)

Now i just to get some of that mitical "free time" stuff people keep
teling me about
Aaron P. (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 02:43:44AM +0900, Marcin R. wrote:
> Great stuff !!!
>
> I've seen teaser post on your blog, and searched google and diffirent
> repos to find it :)
>
> Now i just to get some of that mitical "free time" stuff people keep
> teling me about

When you find some, let me know.  I need to get some of that as well!
Ryan D. (Guest)
On Jan 21, 2009, at 04:44 , Wilson B. wrote:

>> project with that name... So I'm naming it after Wilson B.,
>> who
>> is about as metal as you can get (and it is easier to spell than
>> "bilkovich", even tho that sounds more metal).
>
> So, you had the Worst Idea Ever, and thought of me? How sweet!

haha! since you obviously agree that writing inline x86 assembly in
ruby is a good idea, YES. :P

> Is this is thinly-veiled attempt to get me to contribute to this
> project?
> If so, it is going to work.

YAY!