Forum: Ruby on Rails rake db:migrate and mysql

Robert T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-21 01:13
Hi, when I run this it aborts with an access denied message and
usepassword = NO

How do I change this to either not require a password, or allow me to
set the password in the rake command line execution (it's set in the
database.yml file, but rake isn't using it)
jthompson (Guest)
I'm not sure about setting the password at the execution, but I would
double check the password in the yml file first. Also check with your
database and make sure the username/password combination you're using
matches the database's. Seems simple but its happened to me before.
Robert T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-21 19:04
jthompson wrote:
> I'm not sure about setting the password at the execution, but I would
> double check the password in the yml file first. Also check with your
> database and make sure the username/password combination you're using
> matches the database's. Seems simple but its happened to me before.

Thanks for the reply.  I had typoed the word password parameter in the
.yml file