Forum: RSpec [Cucumber, Merb, Webrat] undefined method 'response' for Merb::Test::World::Webrat

Daniel V. (Guest)
Hello!
I get the following error everytime I try to check the result of
previous
step (by the way, I use default result_steps.rb):

undefined local variable or method `response' for
#<Merb::Test::World::Webrat:0x7f083c7860b8> (NameError)
./features/steps/result_steps.rb:14:in ` /^the (.*) ?request should
fail/'
features/authentication/login.feature:17:in `/^the (.*) ?request should
fail/'

It is raised even in a freshly generated merb application (merb-gen app)
and
freshly generated cucumber files (merb-gen cucumber --session-type
webrat).

Here are the versions of the installed gems:
cucumber (0.1.15)
merb (1.0.8)
webrat (0.4.0)
david-merb_cucumber (0.5.1.2)

Where should I search for the source of the problem?
Justin S. (Guest)
on 2009-01-25 04:13
Daniel, I have fixed this in my fork:
http://github.com/jsmestad/merb_cucumber/tree/master

Daniel V. wrote:
> undefined local variable or method `response' for
> #<Merb::Test::World::Webrat:0x7f083c7860b8> (NameError)
> ./features/steps/result_steps.rb:14:in ` /^the (.*) ?request should
> fail/'
> features/authentication/login.feature:17:in `/^the (.*) ?request should
> fail/'
> Here are the versions of the installed gems:
> cucumber (0.1.15)
> merb (1.0.8)
> webrat (0.4.0)
> david-merb_cucumber (0.5.1.2)
Jim M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-01 09:58
Justin Smestad wrote:
> Daniel, I have fixed this in my fork:
> http://github.com/jsmestad/merb_cucumber/tree/master

I still get the same error after installing
jsmestad-merb_cucumber-0.5.1.3 from gems.github.com
Did the version get bumped OK? or do I need to clone and build locally?

Thanks
Jim M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-01 10:04
Jim M. wrote:
> Justin Smestad wrote:
>> Daniel, I have fixed this in my fork:
>> http://github.com/jsmestad/merb_cucumber/tree/master
>>

> I still get the same error after installing
> jsmestad-merb_cucumber-0.5.1.3 from gems.github.com
> Did the version get bumped OK? or do I need to clone and build locally?
>
> Thanks

never mind, NOTE you have to redo the...

merb-gen cucumber --session-type webrat

after installing your fixed version.

Thanks
Jai-gouk K. (Guest)
on 2009-02-12 14:28
Justin Smestad wrote:
> Daniel, I have fixed this in my fork:
> http://github.com/jsmestad/merb_cucumber/tree/master

Thanks! IT WORKS!
deimos1986 (Guest)
Hi Jim,
Just want to say thanks for fixing this. It blocked me for a day
trying to figure out what broke. Any chance of trying to get this
pulled into david's branch as most tutorials reference his branch.

Cheers,
Matt
Jim M. (Guest)
on 2009-02-13 21:20
deimos1986 wrote:
> Hi Jim,
> Just want to say thanks for fixing this. It blocked me for a day
> trying to figure out what broke. Any chance of trying to get this
> pulled into david's branch as most tutorials reference his branch.
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

It was Justin, I just benefited from his work...

and +1 for getting it merged into Davids branch.