Forum: Ruby on Rails Date Range comparison

Sam G. (Guest)
on 2009-01-19 15:54
I have a set of dates in my database and would like to only get the
latest one or the one closest to the current date. I'm trying to come up
with a way of doing it but had no luck. If any one could help I would
appreciate it.
David M. (Guest)
Sort by date with a limit of one? Hopefully you have an index on that
field?

On Jan 19, 8:54 am, Sam G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Sam G. (Guest)
on 2009-01-19 17:40
David Medinets wrote:
> Sort by date with a limit of one? Hopefully you have an index on that
> field?
>
> On Jan 19, 8:54�am, Sam G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

forgot to mention that I'm using thinking sphinx as a search engine my
statement looks like this

@allRooms = Room.search :conditions => {:created_at => here is where I
should have a statement}
Ryan W. (Guest)
You can do this in ActiveRecord is

Room.find :first, :order => 'created_at desc'

See
http://ts.freelancing-gods.com/rdoc/classes/Thinki...
more about ordering search results, which is really what you want.

I don't think the AR flavor I gave above is likely to work out of the
box
with the Sphinx #search method.  However, you could probably just ignore
the
Sphinx part if you really just want the most recently-created record of
your
rooms table, and let AR retrieve it for you.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Sam G.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid