Forum: Ruby Installing rsruby gem on windows

Glenn (Guest)

I installed R on my Windows machine, and set up an environment variable
called R_HOME that points to the folder where the R.exe file is:

C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1\bin

But when I just tried to run the gem command from the DOS prompt, I got
an error:

'C:/Program' is not recognized as an external or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Has anyone ever done this successfully?
Simon T. (Guest)
on 2009-01-20 03:22
Try putting quotation marks around the home like "C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.8.1\bin"