Forum: GNU Radio After bootstrap, ./ltmain.sh' not found

Firas A. (Guest)

I came on strange message/error today when I tried to compile
gr-howto-write-a-block. When I run ./bootstrap  I got the following
error:

configure.ac:25: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found

My system is Ubuntu 8.10, with Installed and working fine GnuRadio
revision
10154.

Best Regards,

Firas

On Jan 19, 2009, at 9:03 AM, Firas A. wrote:

> I came on strange message/error today when I tried to compile
> gr-howto-write-a-block. When I run ./bootstrap  I got the following
> error:
>
> configure.ac:25: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
>
> My system is Ubuntu 8.10, with Installed and working fine GnuRadio
> revision
> 10154.

I had this problem too. Since I was not in the mood to find out why
and how to fix
this properly I just created a symlink to /usr/share/libtool/config/
ltmain.sh...

Best regards,
   Tobias

--
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Firas A.
wrote:

> I came on strange message/error today when I tried to compile
> gr-howto-write-a-block. When I run ./bootstrap  I got the following error:
>
> configure.ac:25: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found

This may be a problem with a newer libtool and building the howto code
when it is a sub-directory of a checked out copy of the trunk.  Can
you try copying the howto directory into another place, not as part of
the full tree?  Better yet, can you check out only the howto directory
to get a fresh copy, and put it somewhere unrelated to your full GNU
Radio checkout?

I seem to recall an issue where bootstrap gets confused by there
already being bootstrap related files in the parent directory, but not
sure if this is that situation.

-Johnathan
Firas A. (Guest)

> -Johnathan
1) I copied howto in a folder out of gnuradio tree, and get the same
problem.

2) I get a new fresh howto copy from the trunk, but get the same
problem.

3) I used an old gr-howto rev 9311, get the same problem.

4) I used a much older gr-howto rev 6082, everything was ok.

Best Regards,

Firas
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Firas A.
wrote:

> 1) I copied howto in a folder out of gnuradio tree, and get the same problem.
>
> 2) I get a new fresh howto copy from the trunk, but get the same problem.
>
> 3) I used an old gr-howto rev 9311, get the same problem.
>
> 4) I used a much older gr-howto rev 6082, everything was ok.

Okay, thanks for the data point.  I suspect now that it might have to
do with a work around we put in for Cygwin's libtool; I'll check this
out in the next couple days.

-Johnathan
Firas A. (Guest)

As per rev 10285, gr-howto compiles and works fine without any problem.

Best Regards,

Firas