Forum: Ruby on Rails problem running an demo application

Rajasekaramya (Guest)
hi there,

I am very new to ruby on rails and trying to run an demo application

I created an application rails demo.
i created a controller Say
i started the server ruby/script server
I used  port
http://localhost:3000/Say
i get the following error.

 MissingSourceFile in SayController#index

no such file to load -- sqlite3

RAILS_ROOT: C:/rails/demo

i guess sqlite3 comes default with rails and my rails version 2.2

Kindly suggest as how to resolve my problem.

Regards
Ramya

Each rails application connects to a database during start (configured
in
database.yml) By deafault iy assumes it to be a SQLite3 database but the
adapters of these would have to be installed seperately.
You can install the same with

gem install sqlite-ruby

Or you can modify the default database to mySQL in database.yml file(in
config folder)
This would have been mentioned in whatever tutorial/book you are
following

NAYAK

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Rajasekaramya

--
- NAYAK
Manmay (Guest)

--