Forum: Ruby on Rails OT: hosted full text search

snacktime (Guest)
Does anyone know of a hosted full text search solution with an api for
indexing arbitrary data?  I've seen lots of stuff for web indexing, but
that's all I can find.

Chris
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2009-01-18 14:35
snacktime wrote:
> Does anyone know of a hosted full text search solution with an api for
> indexing arbitrary data?  I've seen lots of stuff for web indexing, but
> that's all I can find.

Though it's not managed, you could look into using CouchDB. It offers a
simple RESTful API for storing arbitrary data and integrates with Lucene
for providing full-text searching.

It's easy to get the server up and running.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.nl