Forum: Ruby Building Ruby with Visual Studio 2005

Time W. (Guest)
Hello,

I tried to build Ruby on Windows with Visual Studio 2005. I followed
instructions in win32/README.win32.

I started Visual Studio.
I clicked on "Tools" and "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt" to get
everything in PATH.
I started win32\configure.bat.
And I got this error:
'find' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0xff'
Stop.

Am I supposed to install find or something ?
Time W. (Guest)
2009/1/18 Time W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0xff'
> Stop.
>
> Am I supposed to install find or something ?

Actually, find.exe is shipped with Windows. I was using a very small
Windows
distribution from which it was removed.