Forum: Ruby cloning ruby's svn repo

john maclean (Guest)
from
http://blog.emptyway.com/2008/06/19/full-git-clone...

git svn clone --stdlayout http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby

This takes a long time and collects 300Mb+ of data. Say I just wanted
1.9 or from 1.8.4 to 1.9, how's that done?
--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
Jano S. (Guest)
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 01:50, john maclean
> from
http://blog.emptyway.com/2008/06/19/full-git-clone...

> git svn clone --stdlayout http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby
>
> This takes a long time and collects 300Mb+ of data. Say I just wanted
> 1.9 or from 1.8.4 to 1.9, how's that done?

Maybe you can just synchronize (however it's called in git-speak) with
vladimir's git repo, he (or his scripts) will do the conversion for
you.
Then IIRC, you can specify starting revision in the command.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html look for
--revision. Now the only thing left is to figure out the starting
revision for 1.8.4.

I don't known whether is it possible to strip some branches as well.
john maclean (Guest)
2009/1/19 Jano S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> you.
> Then IIRC, you can specify starting revision in the command.
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html look for
> --revision. Now the only thing left is to figure out the starting
> revision for 1.8.4.
>
> I don't known whether is it possible to strip some branches as well.

git svn init --prefix=origin/ --stdlayout
http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos.ruby
git svn etch --all

gonna play with that a bit to see what it brings

--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT